cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF200 and SF300 series - Changing Default VLAN - Smartport Properties

ROBBY HARRELL
Level 1
Level 1

I have just started working with a customer with 7 sites using SF200 and SF300 (and a few SG switches).  

I am new to working with these series of switches.  My background has been with Cisco IOS switches, mostly 2900, 3500,and 4500 series switches and statically assigning voice and access vlans on switchports.

We had to change the default (Native) vlan from 1 to a different vlan id number.  I changed the default vlan setting, and changed the existing voice vlan of100 to the new VoIP vlan id.

I applied the changes, and then saved the configs.  The issue we have now is that some PCs will reboot, and the switchport vlan membership will change some of the PCs switchport back to the default vlan 1, and this causes them to loose network connectivity.  

I saw a support forum  post that you must reboot the switch in order for the default vlan id change to take effect.   Will this change the smart port macros.  I tried to change the smartport macros native vlan to the new default vlan id number, but it does not change.  But these switches had not been rebooted after I changed the Default Vlan setting.  Another Forum Post had this issue with smartport native vlan change as being a software bug.

If I reboot the switches, will i then need to change each of the smartport roles native vlan id from 1 to the new default, or will it happen automatically.

This is a Real Estate Rental and Property management company that is having their Peak Week of the season.  They have IP Phones with PCs connected to the back of the phone.  The switchports are set at trunk, with the VoIP vlan being Tagged, and the PC Vlan untagged.  I tried disabling auto smartports on one switch, and I lost remote access.  I had to get someone in the office to power cycle the switch to regain access again.

0 Replies 0