cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG110-16 Switch uVerse Router eithernet will not light up in switch

Kandy4215
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a SG110-16 and I am trying to connect my uVerse router via Ethernet cable to the switch, it does not light up any indicators.  If I put the same ethernet cable into my old netgear switch it works as expected, lighting up the port.   Is there a specific port that I need to use on the SG110-16 so that the router connection will light up?  Any ideas why it wouldn't work in the SG110-16 but it works fine in the old netgear switch?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What's the particular port-configuration ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It is an unmanaged switch, so plug and play.  It is supposed to auto detect.

- Is there any info/errors being reported on the uverse side ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Whether you are facing this issue for all the switch ports in SG110-16 switch? If you connect any PC /Laptop on the SG110-16 switch port, whether that works as expected? You may check once by changing the Ethernet cable.

I was able to return the router.