cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 Newbie Questions

mallardnathan
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently purchased the SG200-08 Smart Switch, but I have a few "newbie questions" about it as I get started using it.

The on board firmware shows 1.0.1.0. Is that the latest firmware to the switch?

Do I need to enable IPv6 Auto Configuration and DCHPv6 in my switch settings to be ready for IPv6 as my ISP rolls it out down the road?

How do I go about changing the switch's username? I was able to easily change the password, but having issues getting the username to change.

Do I need to do anything about the LLDP-MED settings? What exactly is that?

How do I confugure the System Time Settings so the switch functions in my time zone (USA Central Time)?

Thanks a bunch for any assistance!

20 Replies 20

Here's my latest screenshot. How does this look?

Thanks!

Nathan,

Hows it look under SNTP settings? Maybe try disabling DST and see if you can get it correctly set to CDT rather than CST under GMT time zone offset, and try to narrow down if its a problem with the ntp server or the DST settings.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

Here's my SNTP screen. Let me know what to do and I'll sure do it. Thanks again for all your help!

Nathan,

I feel like an idiot. I told you to change it to GMT -4? Nope. CST is -6. That would explain the 2 hour error. Should have looked that up rather than guessed and wasted our time. So sorry.

Best,

David

It is not a problem at all! I'm still totally new to smart switches, so I know a whole lot less than you do on it and still learning as I go. That fixed the issue and now we're back. Thanks again for all your help and I sure appreciate it!

Glad to help Nathan.  I also posted in your other thread re: ip phone suggestions, let me know what you think.

Enjoy the new tech, it will serve you well. Thank you for all the high ratings.

Best,

David