Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08P - Unable to Reset/Access

jassaitgir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a Cisco SG 200-08P Gigabit PoE Smart Switch from a Goodwill. I had to purchase a $40 power adapter that just got here today. Upon starting it up and connecting by ethernet directly to multiple ports on the switch, I have yet to be able to access the switch's IP or web interface.

I have attempted to "Hard Reset" it multiple times, to no avail. My laptop shows a connection, but I don't know the gateway is and I'm a little confused by the IP and subnet. I'm a relative noob and hoping to get to play around with this thing. It's my first Cisco product and first PoE switch.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, or what else I can to attempt to reset/access this switch? I haven't tried connecting it to my router and attempting to access that way.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you don't know  the switch's IP ; then connected to another (cisco) switch or router and issue the command show cdp neighbors detail

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Follow below Guide : (Make sure you remove all the connection connected to switch - instead of 20 seconds try 30 Seconds or more - until you see Blink on the front panel)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-200-series-managed-switches/smb65-manual-reset-procedure-on-the-200-and-300-series-managed-swi.html

Then connect the Laptop you should get IP address 192.168.1.X from DHCP and you can access Gui 192.168.1.254 as default 

if that is not working, there is no way you can recover these devices (only replacement) 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help