cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg200 web manegment under dhcp mode

ThinkoSlo
Level 1
Level 1

Can i configure my WAPs and switch under dhcp ISP. Or i must always disconnect ISP and connect my PC/laptop with static config LAN (192.168.1.100...) and than i can access WAP,swich web config page

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the setup you have mentioned, it seems the ISP Modem LAN port is directly connected to the SG200 switch where the Access Point is connected via which wireless clients are associated. First, please verify what is the Modem LAN interface IP configured. In case the same IP is configured on another device on the same IP Network then you will face device access issue using that duplicate IP.

I hope the Modem LAN is configured with DHCP which is providing the IP address automatically to the other devices connected on the same LAN.

For example, if the LAN IP of the Modem is 192.168.1.1 /24 and DHCP configured on that then the devices connected in that LAN will get the 192.168.1.x IP via DHCP. Until or unless you know that DHCP IP assigned on the switch or WAP, you will not be able to access the GUI of that device using that IP. In that case either you can configure a static DHCP binding on the Modem (if the option is available) so that the switch or Access Point will always get that particular IP or you can configure a static IP on the Switch and Access Point from the same LAN IP subnet. And you need not to disconnect the Modem in that case to access the Switch or Access Point.

View solution in original post

ThinkoSlo
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to help.
the manegment solution under dhcp works with ciscos FindIT software.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It should use the ISP DHCP-facilitated address by default (Check if System Led = Solid)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

ThinkoSlo
Level 1
Level 1

solid green. I can only access switch and waps only if i power off the switch unplug isp modem and than i access my switch waps,,, with static ip network car config.

- It would probably be more advisable to get the dhcp address from a 'local' dhcp service , so that it is known at all times , then ask the isp for sufficient routing-info's for Internet access.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the setup you have mentioned, it seems the ISP Modem LAN port is directly connected to the SG200 switch where the Access Point is connected via which wireless clients are associated. First, please verify what is the Modem LAN interface IP configured. In case the same IP is configured on another device on the same IP Network then you will face device access issue using that duplicate IP.

I hope the Modem LAN is configured with DHCP which is providing the IP address automatically to the other devices connected on the same LAN.

For example, if the LAN IP of the Modem is 192.168.1.1 /24 and DHCP configured on that then the devices connected in that LAN will get the 192.168.1.x IP via DHCP. Until or unless you know that DHCP IP assigned on the switch or WAP, you will not be able to access the GUI of that device using that IP. In that case either you can configure a static DHCP binding on the Modem (if the option is available) so that the switch or Access Point will always get that particular IP or you can configure a static IP on the Switch and Access Point from the same LAN IP subnet. And you need not to disconnect the Modem in that case to access the Switch or Access Point.

ThinkoSlo
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to help.
the manegment solution under dhcp works with ciscos FindIT software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X