cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10MP keeps going down!!!

Andy Roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a fix for this?  We purchased a SG300-52 last week to replace a 5yr old Dlink which has worked perfectly.  1 day after the SG300 went it it started crashing with this fatal error problem so I reverted the firmware back from 1.2.7.76 (latest) to 1.1.2.0 but I still get the problems.  It crashes when I have it on my lan with users connected or if I just have the switch on my desk with just my laptop connected, so it cant be a load issue or a network topology issue.  I already have a Cisco SGE2010 on my network without problems.

I need a fix for this asap otherwise I will have to return it.

7 Replies 7

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Andy, that depends on the error you receive.

These particular problems were related to telnet/ssh and bonjour. The developers made a firmware version that was not publicly available for a couple of these instances.

Unfortunately since I no longer work for Cisco, I cannot provide this firmware to test.

If you need this urgently address you must open a ticket with the SBSC. This was a hard to track issue but the developers did find a cure to the problem.

To my knowledge there is no ETA for an official release.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks.  I had bonjour disabled on the switch and none on would have been telnet/ssh to the switch either.  When it still crashes not connected to anything but a single laptop then something is fundamentally wrong so I might have a duff switch.

I have emailed my supplier asking for a refund/replacement first as having spent $1000 on a switch and having 5 crashes in 2 days isn't a good start so I will get it replaced first and if it still happens will just go with a different make/model.

Hello Andy,

Can you please reach out to our Small Business Support Center and open a case so we can investigate the root cause? If it is a known issue, we may already have a fix in the form of an Engineering firmware. If it is a new issue, we would certainly like to root cause it so we can find a fix for it ASAP. Please share the case number once available.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks,

Nagaraja

Thanks but after spending over $1000NZ on this switch I'm not going to spend time troubleshooting and waiting for fixes for something that hasn't worked out of the box.  I have as such requested it as DOA with our supplier who are sending me another one but if that also experiences the issue out the box I will return that and get a refund for a different vendor.  If the switch had been in place for a while then I would be happy to troubleshoot, but not when something comes out the box like this no.

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

If the system is that new I agree about getting your distributor to replace the unit as DOA. Please if when you get the new device, if there are any issues at all, give us a call here in the Small Business Support Center.

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

Hello Andy,

I do agree with you that a brand new switch should not be crashing. While waiting for the supplier to send the new switch, can you please share some of the crash information with us? That would help us understand the root cause.

Thanks,

Nagaraja

Sure thing.  I'm waiting to here back from my DOA application but here are a couple of errors from the logs.

This happened last night.  Runing 1.2.7.76 and the swith has nothing connected to it except its on my desk in the office connected to a 5 port gb desktop switch so I can access it from my desktop.  It was connected via port G50.  When this happened the switch goes offline and needs the power physically pulling to get it back working.

%SYS-OG-F-OSFATAL:   FATAL ERROR: IDLE: UNDEFINED INOTRUCTIOt exceptnon  ***** FATAL ERROR *****  SW Version  :  1.2.7.76 Version Date:  19-Jul-2012 Version Time:: 17:54: 3 Instruction            0x132C978 Exception vector       0x4 Program state register 0x40000013 0x00c348d4 ***** END OF FATAL ER ROR ***** 

The other entry in the log is again from yesterday with it just connected to my desktop but this time was running the original firmware it came with 1.1.2.0.  This was with the switch connected to nothing else by my desktop on my desk and nothing else.

%OS-F-DEBUG: OSDBGP_stack_check: task SNMP: Magic at the task stack's end is corrupted ***** FATAL ERROR *****  Reporting Task: IDLE. Software Version: 1.1 .2.0 (date  12-Nov-2011 time  23:34:26) 0x169bbc 0x166760 0x696a80 0x475f3c 0x47b408 0x47b5c4 0x698558 0x69d648 0x121d84

The switch became totally unresponsibe with this, failing to respond to the management IP and traffic stopped flowing.  Needed to physically pull the power as the reset button didn't help.

Hope this helps guys.