cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 DHCP DNS Server Configuration

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to figure out via command line how to add multiple DNS servers to an SG300.    The GUI only allows one DNS server.   I cannot find any command line documentation for the SG300's.    Anyone have a link to the command line documentation?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Following this document you should be able to use the Add button in the DNS server menu in order to add DNS servers, I could also verify this by using : http://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/SG300_Emulators/SG300_Emulator_v1-2-9/config/home_SG_300-52_1_2_9.htm

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

Here is what I am talking about on the DHCP configuration.  It only allows one DNS entry on the DHCP configuration page.2022-11-17_09-28-27.jpg

- That's about using the device as a DHCP server (defining a pool) , this seems to be a limitation (only one dhcp server can be specified), consider using external appliance(s) for dhcp services.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

KJK99
Level 1
Level 1

@patrick.hurley 

Google 'sg300 cli guide'

Kris K
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X