Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-52

tracyloftus
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i am trying to set up 9 vlans with 123 (1UP) being the default. 120, 121,122 and so on. i tried to change the port to vlan to one of these and it seemed to work for a while but then the system got very slow. my port 52 shows all of my vlans in there as i was told that i needed this to allow traffic to the internet. i am also looking to isolate them from each other. i am new at this, so thank you in advance for helping.

ScreenShot044.jpg

2 Replies 2

seems like your uplink connected to port 52. where is your VLANs routing? in same switch or different switch/router?

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

not sure about the uplinks. the way they told me was that when i take one of the other ports and change the port to vlan to say 122. it will now have a another ip address. our default is 10.4.123.*** when i change this to 122 it has 10.4.122.***. i also had another port that was plugged into the firewall on the same network. like i had two ports going to the same network on the firewall . to me this seems like a loop and would cause problems. when i disconnected port 52. the main network 10.4.123.*** started working again properly, but the other networks did not 122,123,124 and so on. this switch is only in level 2 mode.