cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg500 stack empty mac address-table

John LeBlanc
Level 1
Level 1

Have a (4) switch stack of sg500-52p switches.  Once the stack comes online, I can view mac addresses in the dynamic table.   Eventually at some point attempting to view the dynamic mac addresses shows a blank table on the web interface.  If I SSH into the switch the only mac address shown when I issue sho mac address-table is the switch stack address.

Switches are running firmware 1.3.0.59 and aging time was reduced to 100 seconds. 

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wronf forum, post in "small business - switches". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Hello John,

I see there is latest firmware software V1.3.0.62 is available for download. I will recommed you to perform firmware upgrade.  Please note during firmware upgrade you may lose the stack configuration. It will take you to the default factory settings. Please do backup before firmware upgrade. Kindly update me the satus after the firmware upgrade.

Thanks and regards,

Siva

I am running V 1.3.0.62 and have a four switch stack and my dynamic mac table only shows 17 mac addresses and at the top left shows 1 - 50 of 239. I get the same results with ssh.  When i sh arp, I get a list of IP's and MAC addresses that are different than the sh mac address-table. Any suggestions?