Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500 user kill command

donmatlock1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I spoke with Cisco about this, they indicated there is no such command for the SG series, but I found he had to look up much of what I asked him (So I am just double checking with other Cisco gurus out there before I let this go.  Does anyone know if there is a "kill" command much like in HP switches, so if the switch has exceeded user logins you type this command and it disconnects all users that are remotely connected.

Much appreciated,

Don

6 Replies 6

Yiu Kay Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

300/500 series switches do not have 'kill' or equivalent CLI to clear telnet or SSH line at this point of time.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

Thank you for the prompt reply.  My issue is that we have a beta type of service that polls our devices and they either aren't leaving them cleanly when logging out or not logging out at all (I have a ticket in with them).  So I need to put in the #line ssh exec command, but once entered I need to reboot so I can remotely log in (currently cannot log in as there are to many connections going into it...console only), and rebooting is not an option till 4:30 each day.

Hello,

Perhaps you can use 'snmpset' to delete TCP connections.

I used net-snmp v3 from an Ubuntu box.

'192.168.1.100' is the IP address of my SG500-52MP switch.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

Thanks Yiu for the reply.

My question is would this actually clear the users currently connected.  I have attached a pic of the putty error that states too many users logged in.  As a side note I have alerted the vendor whose service we use to monitor our equipment to the issue, but in the meantime I still have problems with the service either not logging out properly or not at all.  I have included a picture of my issue.  So again in HP land (we are phasing out our HP switches), you can issue a kill command at the admin prompt and it solves this issue...but Cisco for whatever reason has neglected to put this command in their O/S.

Hello,

It clears telnet (port # 22) sessions with no problem.

I got error message when trying to clear SSH (port # 23) session. Not sure if it was a bug or something. According to a HP support knowledge-base, 'setmib' CLI clears hung SSH sessions.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=60379&docId=emr_na-c03076413

Not sure what snmp app they were using as net-snmp does not have 'setmib' command.

Robert Connelly
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem -  I do have access to the GUI so I was able to clear the connections by disabling and re-enabling ssh.

That allowed remote access again without having to reload the switch.