cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500X Vlan inactive after reboot

mtaino
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing a strange problem. I have 2 SG500x configured in stack, and enabled for Layer3 routing. I configured some vlan iterfaces, and distributed VLANs on various ports and Portchannels.

When rebooting the switch (i.e. after a power failure) my virtual infrastructure (connected on VLAN2, that has both tagged and untagged portchannels) comes online, I can ping and manage it. When I begin to start up Virtual Machines (connected to VLAN3, that has only tagged portchannels, 3 of them vs ESX, one to another switch) they are not visible or pingable. If I issue a shutdown/no shutdown on the vlan interface they come up immediately. This problem came last few days, last time I shut down the infrastructure (one year ago) I never experienced this problem. My firmware version is  1.4.7.6, with bootcode 1.4.0.02.

I really don't understand the problem: some VLAN starts like they are inactive, other VLAN starts with no problems (i.e. the iSCSI storage VLAN), and the only difference I see is that "inactive" VLANs have only tagged trunks, while "active" VLANs have also untagged ports or trunks.

Any ideas? I am scared of power failures now, since UPSes are configured to shutdown and startup everything automatically, but I cannot manage a VLAN shutdown/startup ...

Thank you.

Max

2 Replies 2

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

I think it would be best if you could call our support line and open a support case.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Was there a resolution ? I have this same problem .