Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2010 problem with 1000baseSX SFP

zeromagallon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I need help in using the four gigabit sfp ports in the SGE2010. As i understand it, these ports labeled G1 to G4 are actually shared ports for ports 23-24 and 47-48. I tried inserting a 1000Base-sx (MGBSX1) to one of these SFP ports but it wont GO UP...port's status is always down, eventhough the port's LED lighted up. What could be the problem here? I made sure that all the posts involved are not used, except for the SFP port i need.  I'm trying to connect it to a 3com 4500 switch with 1000Base-sx module also. Their connection uses a  62.5/125 multimode fiber with distance less than 200 meters. I made sure that all vlan configuration are correct on both side.

Is there a special procedure in managing these SFP ports?

Thank you in Advanced!

Zero

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zero,

Thanks for participating in the community. My name is Nico Muselle fro Cisco Sofia STAC.

Have your tried fixing the port speeds on both sides to 1 Gbps and disable auto-negotiation ?

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zero,

Thanks for participating in the community. My name is Nico Muselle fro Cisco Sofia STAC.

Have your tried fixing the port speeds on both sides to 1 Gbps and disable auto-negotiation ?

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA

Hi Nico,

It worked!!! It was the auto-negotiation that I did not  turn off that caused the problem in my SGE2010.

You had been a great help, Nico! Many Thanks!

Have a good one!

Zero

Hello Nico, 

We have SGE 2010 where setting the auto negotiation to disabled on G24 changes to enabled by itself in a day or two. 

Kindly advise. 

Ankit