Helpful
Replies

SGE2010P - Port Descriptions

jjprescott
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up port descriptions on a

5 switch stack of 48 port SGE2010P switches.  Doing this through the Web GUI is

excruciatingly slow.  I tried doing it at the CLI with the 'desc' command, and that seems to work (if I do a show run the descriptions are there),

but they do not show up in the Description field in the GUI. 

Is this a known issue?

3 Replies 3

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

First of all you have to know that the TextView option on these switches is not a supported feature. However, when trying here in the lab, the descriptions are showing in the web interface after changing them through the command line.

Therefore, could you verify what is the firmware version that you are currently running on the switch ? We are running 3.0.0.18 here and that doesn't reproduce your issue. Also you might try after saving the running configuration to startup configuration.

Thanks for letting me know.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA

Thanks for the reply.  We are also on version 3.0.0.18.

Saving the config does not help.  However, I noticed that if I do this on a standalone switch it works as expected.  I am experiencing the problem with a stacked switch.   Did you try standalone or stacked?

Thanks

John

Hello John,

The test I did was indeed on a standalone switch. On a stacked switch, I guess you'll have to add the stack unit number and 1 for GE, 2 for FE ports ...

For example : interface gi1/1/15 will be Gigabit port 15 on stack member 1. gi2/1/36 will be Gigabit port 36 on stack member 2.

Could you give this a try ? I did not do the testing here yet (quite busy), but I think this might do the trick.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA