cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2010P switch configuration

shamsugrace
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing an issue while installing the the SGE2010P switch with UC560. There are two switches in the site one SF300 and SGE2010P. The SF300 is working fine. But the SGE2010P switch is making issue. I connected the UC560 to the SF300 directly and connected SGE2010P to the SF300. In both switches all ports are trunk, untagged data vlan and tagged voice vlan. SGE2010P switch is in standalone mode. Unfortunately the phones are not working which are connected to SGE2010P switch. Then i started trouble shooting, untagged all ports which phones are connected only to the voice vlan (data vlan excluded) and configured the same ports to be the access port. Configured the STP priority to the zero. Now some phones are working some are not. Can anybody suggest what should I do to solve this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sham, by default the SGE switch runs classic spanning tree. Swap this over to RSTP. Secondly, you may have to manually set port fast on every port. Spanning tree interfaces then set edge port to on instead of auto.

You said all ports are data vlan untagged, voice vlan tagged, if this is the case your vlan configuration is done. Assuming the port of the SF300 is exactly matching what you've done on the SGE.

Also, you mentioned the SGE is standalone, verify it again please. If you're using port 24 or 48 while in stack mode, those ports do not work.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sham, by default the SGE switch runs classic spanning tree. Swap this over to RSTP. Secondly, you may have to manually set port fast on every port. Spanning tree interfaces then set edge port to on instead of auto.

You said all ports are data vlan untagged, voice vlan tagged, if this is the case your vlan configuration is done. Assuming the port of the SF300 is exactly matching what you've done on the SGE.

Also, you mentioned the SGE is standalone, verify it again please. If you're using port 24 or 48 while in stack mode, those ports do not work.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your prompt reply..

I fixed it