cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

slm2005 broken again

wdaher000
Level 1
Level 1

I have an slm2005 (amount other slm boxes) that has broken yet again.  It seems to boot and then all the lights flash but anything I plug into it won't light the associated port LED and I can't access the admin web page.  Where can I find out if it's still under warantee?

Thanks,

Will

1 Reply 1

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Will !

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

The SLM switches by default have a warranty of 5 years on the hardware if I'm not mistaken, so if you still have your invoice for the switch, you can check it yourself. This invoice is required to have the switch replaced if that would be necessary. If you wouldn't have the invoice at hand right now, you can give me the serial number of the switch so I can check the warranty period for you. You can send it to me either in a PM or here on the forum.

Anyhow, if you want us to help you troubleshoot the switch to determine whether it can be fixed or needs replacement,  it would be best for you to contact your local Small Business Support Center number, contact numbers can be found here

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA