Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SLM2048-MGBSX1-1M DUP LC-SC 50/125 PVC LSZH-FIBRE

Have just had new fibre put into building. Am trying to connect with above.

At one end the new switch is fine; at the other existing switch in software port shows as down despite having detected the fibre whilst physically all lit up as should be.

Can't connect to either end of network through the fibre. Do I have to reboot the existing switch? Or have I missed something?

Many thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

On these switches, sometimes on the SFP modules, you might want to set the speed on the ports manually.

Could you try setting the speed to 1000 Mbps/Full Duplex and see what is happening ? You also want to do this on both sides of the fiber connection.

Please let me know if that solved your problem.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA

View solution in original post

Hi,

Did the proposed change to the settings solve your connection problem on the SFP modules ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

On these switches, sometimes on the SFP modules, you might want to set the speed on the ports manually.

Could you try setting the speed to 1000 Mbps/Full Duplex and see what is happening ? You also want to do this on both sides of the fiber connection.

Please let me know if that solved your problem.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Hi,

Did the proposed change to the settings solve your connection problem on the SFP modules ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

HI there Nico, thank you for your advice, rebooting the exisiting switch cured the problem; I just had to wait until everyone was off that part of the network to do it, Besta regards, Natasha

You're welcome, glad I could help