cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacking problem SG500X / No sync between 2 SG500X

Nirwana Support
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 SG500X switches, between master / backup switches I use a fiber cable connected on S3/S4 port (S3 on master, S4 on backup), the stacking mode used is "Native Stacking" (default configuration) in L2.

When I change my vlan configuration (like create a vlan and apply it to ports), it's been validated on the master but on the backup it stay on vlan 1 untagged.

I active the log in debug mode, but I don't see if there is any sync between master and backup.

Maybe I want to do is impossible, use my backup switch as backup, if my master die, my backup switch take the lead and network continue to work, My Esxi have 2 network cable in bonding so my VM can work on both.

Thanks for your help

1 Reply 1

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello my name is Jonathan and i am one of the Engineers here at the Cisco SBSC team. I apologize for the inconvenience with this units.

please let me know the following:

Are the firmware versions and boot codes the same in both switches, this is strongly recommended as they have to be on the same version, as well please check if you have the latest version which in this case is 1.4.5.2. 

-something caught my attention and its that if you configure a stack, you won't be able to see the backup switch's configuration separated from the master's , actually when you have the stack enable all of the changes would be manage  via the master unit so once you have a vlan configured on the master you should be able to see it on the other unit. and of course if the master switch fails the backup will be taking over the tasks.

Please check the firmware and if you need further assistance feel free to call us at 1-866-606-1866 to open a ticket.