cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sx300 series requires reboot every 2 months

cavan1975
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 sf-300 series switches in Layer3 mode deployed in different offices. We have found that approximately every 2-3 months at all 3 locations users experience a serious reduction in bandwidth. Only after rebooting the cisco does the problem go away and we're okay for another few months. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any ideas on some setting/feature that may be contributing to this? We are only using several ports and 1 static route on each switch. We are not using any of the bells and whistles on the switch. 2 of the switches are using the original firmware, whereas the other is using the newest firmware.  Maybe this is just what we should expect from a Small Business switch?

Thanks.

18 Replies 18

We had the problem until we updated to version 1.1.2.0.  Now we have one up for 311 day(s), so it seems to have fixed the problem.

I checked the software ver on both switches and they are running 1.1.1.8.  It looks like I should try getting them up to 1.1.2.0 to see if that addresses this problem!

Hi Jy, there was a  bug on the 1.1.18 firmware where the switch loses the mac addresses of everyone about every 50 days. The 1.1.2.0 fixed this bug. The current release is 1.2.7.76 and has a lot more features.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

A few months ago I have updates all our switches. I then had it again. I have one core L3 SG300-20 switch and six L2 SG300-10 switches. I then updated the firmware on all switches to version 1.2.7.76 and reset them to factory defaults. I then manually re-configured all switches. (I have also read about resetting them somehwere on this forum.)

Until now I have not had any issue anymore. I think the problem is solved. So my suggestion is to update your switch(es) to the latest firwmare and do a factory reset. Re-configure the switch(es) manually. I know it might involve some work, but that seems to work properly.