cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

system light flashes

Suzie Bowling
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SG300-52 switch.  The system light flashes green continuously.  I have reset it to factory defaults and upgraded to the most recent firmware. The switch appears to be working but I am afraid to put it in production.  The documentation indicates a problem exists if the system light is flashing. The switch is 2 years old but has never been used until recently.  Any help is greatly appreciated 

2 Replies 2

asuseela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Suzie,

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community center.

Sorry for the delay in response. I hope your switch management IP should be 192.168.1.254,  if so there is nothing to worry about, it is the default status of the switch with system LED flashing green until the management IP gets altered.

Hence please try to change the default IP with some other new IP and check for the system LED status, if issue still persist please let me know the status so that I can assist you accordingly.

Thanks,

Ambareezh,

Thanks Ambareezh.  The light started flashing initially while it was configured with a static IP.  I then reset to factory defaults and it continued to flash.  After receiving your reply, I again configured with a static IP and all is well.  Hopefully, it was just a one time issue!  Thanks for your help.