VLAN in SG300-52

mohdazim88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two subnets in my office as below,

192.168.1.0/24

192.168.2.0/24

I need all the systems should communicate with each other. There are 4 switches of 48 Port and all are uplicked with each other.

I just found that I can create VLAN routing however dont know how to do that. Please suggest and will I have to do VLAN on all the switches.

Please help.

Thank you.

13 Replies 13

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there, 

You need to nominate one of the switches as the network L3 switch and set it to 'Layer 3 mode', the remaining three switches stay in 'Layer 2 mode'

Administration -> System Settings -> System Mode

The Layer 3 switch will have the IPv4 interfaces configured for your two VLANs, and will automatically route between the subnets.

IP Configuration > IPv4 Management and Interfaces > IPv4 Interface

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

cheers,

Seb.

Thank you and I only need to create the VLAN only in one switch and rest switch will be as it is.

However if I change to L3 mode then will my all the settings be wiped out.

Please suggest.

I don't have an SG300 to test on, but I doubt it will remove all your configuration.

Hello,

I am sorry but I am unable to find anything as how to create this.

Would you please help me for the step by step configuration.

Thank you so much.

Hello,

Would be a help if you could help me for the VLAN routing.

Thanks.

Please help me with step by step for creating routing between two subnets.

And all switches are connected to each other where LAG is created. So every switches are connected though 4 cables via LAG. Port 49-52.

Thanks. 

I am afraid, no one here to help me for this :-(

I have created VLAN 2 and as soon as I assigned the IP to the new VLAN, it stop responding.

Then I had hard restart the switch and VLAN configuration gone.

Is there something I am missing ?

I have created the VLAN and done the following,

VLAN 1 :  192.168.1.254 255.255.255.0

VLAN 2 :  192.168.2.254 255.255.255.0

Now I have to keep rest of the switch as it is and it will communicate with different subnet.

Please suggest.

Thanks so much for the reply and I will definitely will do this and let you know.

Meantime it would be really helpful if you could let me know about below query.

1. As per the above reply in this forum, I only need to configure this only on one switch and rest switches will remain as it is.

2. However I called in Cisco couple of days ago and they told me that you will have to configure every switch and will have change mode to L3.

I am confused as what should I do. Please help.

Hi , 

1  > you can configure only 1 switch.

2 > check diagram attached.

you can configure switch 1 as a core switch which have vlan interfaces and gateway ip addresses for vlans. connections to other switches should be trunk mode. and user connectivity ports can configure to respect VLAN IDs.

Regards

Kasun

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi , 

1  > you can configure only 1 switch.

2 > check diagram attached.

you can configure switch 1 as a core switch which have vlan interfaces and gateway ip addresses for vlans. connections to other switches should be trunk mode. and user connectivity ports can configure to respect VLAN IDs.

Regards

Kasun

Good luck
KB

Hi there,

please find attached document. this will help you to enable intervlan routing.

Regards,

Kasun

Good luck
KB