cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN's in SG35028P

feruqhshariff
Level 1
Level 1

Need  help please, I have Cisco SG-35028P switch , I have a task of creating two or three VLAN's with DHCP and internet should work for the clients. i will be using router provided by ISP for internet.   Can you please guide me. 

communication within vlan is not required.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

follow the below guide to create a new VLAN, and you need to have a static route other VLAN than default towards the switch, the new VLAN IP range needs to be in NAT to get internet.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5827-configure-vlan-interface-settings-on-a-sx350-sg350x-or-sx550.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sorry in this link i am not able to understand. I am a beginner at switching please provide step by step.

Short answer , this switch can not do any NAT.

So we need to know what capabilities of your ISP router ? and what model it is,

you need to spend some time and understand (why because this is your environment) we can help to assists you but if any issue you are frst person start diagnosis the issue, so reading always good.

BB

Hi,

Can you please let me known NAT is required for what?

Router-  Will be provided by the ISP, everything will be configured and they will tell us to use one port in the router to connect our switch or firewall for internet access.

Let me give one advise friend - you need to put some errort or give us the information what we request to help

So we need to know what capabilities of your ISP router ? and what model it is,

here is my simple explanation :

YOUR PC --- Switch -----(NAT) ISP Router ---INTERNET

if you have 1 VLAN, you connect to your Switch and PC connect to switch works as expected, you do not need to do anything, since Switch ACT as Layer2 switch.

If you have more than 1 VLAN you need to put some effort and think how this can be done, by learning small bit of network and how that works help you. (hope you get what i am trying to help you)

here is simeple guide how NAT works ?

https://cromwell-intl.com/networking/nat.html

BB

TJ-20933766
Spotlight
Spotlight

Questions:

1. Will the SG350X be providing DHCP to the clients or will you be using a DHCP server?

2. Will the SG350X be routing or will you be forwarding all VLANs via 802.1q tagged trunk to the ISP router?

1 - I want SG350-28P switch to provide IP to the clients

2 - Yes i want to forward all the VLANs via trunk to the ISP router

Please guide me(step by step) I am a beginner in switching. plz help