cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10G SFP for 2960 and 3850

usman ali dar
Level 1
Level 1

hi , i am trying to figure out the correct sfp for my scenario. currently my 2960x switch needs to connect to 3850 switch i want them both to connect at 10G Fiber.

i was thinking about using SFP-10G-LR or SFP-10G-LRM on both sides currently the fiber type 9 micron.

can someone help me in choosing the correct sfp the fiber will be single mode 9 micron

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can rule out SFP-10G-LRM as this is for multi-mode fibre (62.5 or 50 micron)

Please see this link re SFP/SFP+ specs

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-455693.html

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

In addition to the link Alex provided (LR) means long reach for which you need single mode fiber.  If the distance between your switches is less than 500 meters, you can simply use (SR) short reach optic which can use multi-mode fiber. The part numbers are;

SFP-10G-SR= Multi-mode
SFP-10G-LR= Single mode

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can rule out SFP-10G-LRM as this is for multi-mode fibre (62.5 or 50 micron)

Please see this link re SFP/SFP+ specs

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-455693.html

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

In addition to the link Alex provided (LR) means long reach for which you need single mode fiber.  If the distance between your switches is less than 500 meters, you can simply use (SR) short reach optic which can use multi-mode fiber. The part numbers are;

SFP-10G-SR= Multi-mode
SFP-10G-LR= Single mode

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card