cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1300 Watt Power Supply in 6513

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I am looking at replacing our 6509 Chassis with a 6513 chassis and moving all the components from the 6509 to the 6513.  The thing I am running into is that I'm not sure if the WS-CAC-1300W Power supply will work in the 6513.  The power load will be the same (initially) as the 6509 in the 6513 so I don't see why this won't work, however I have seen it listed as unsupported on CCO. 

Has anyone run a WS-CAC-1300W in their 6513 chassis? 

The 2500 Watt supply is listed as compatible which makes me think the 1300 Watt one will work since the 2500 Watt Supply only puts out 1300 Watts if you only give it 120 Volts.  I'm hoping to not have to spend additional money on power supplies during this migration if I can help it. 

3 Replies 3

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

Whether or not it will work depends on the chassis and the modules it supports.  You would want to check to make sure your chassis and modules can be supported with just 1300 watts.  Take a look at the Power Calculator to see how your setup stacks up:

http://tools.cisco.com/cpc/

Message was edited by: Antonio Knox

I'm under the wattage limit, so I should be ok, I definately will have to upgrade after another module or 2 (especially if any have POE), but it looks like I should be ok for now.  The strange thing is that Cisco doesn't show the 1300 watt supply as supported in the 6513, but shows the 2500 watt supply in 1300 watt (110 Volt) mode as supported.  Strange, I think I'm ok for now, but definately will plan on upgrading those supplies (and my power outlets) to larger power supplies soon. 

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Moving the fans too?  If not, I believe the new -E chassis (if that's your 6513) fans draw more power.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card