Views
Helpful
Replies

2960-s IOS Stack upgrading problem

mstyfernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m trying to load a new IOS onto a 2960s Stack, but unable to use the “archive download-sw tftp://[IP]/[IOS]. I have tried this with a .bin and .tar, but get this EM:

%Error opening flash:update/info (No such file or directory)

ERROR: Image is not a valid IOS image archive.

I am trying to load c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE1. This can be done with single switches and no problems. If the switches are stacked, only one switch will receive the IOS from “Copy tftp flash”, then on reload, one switch remains on POST and isn’t recognised.

Could you please advise?

TIA

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You probably don't have enough space in your flash card in one of the switches.  Try erasing the existing image before loading the new one.  Be careful not to reload after you erase the current IOS.  That will cause it to go to Rommon

HTH

Thank you for your reply..........sadly I read it after I loaded the image and forgot to save it..... !!

andtoth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

When you are manually copying the image, make sure you copy it to both switches. The flash devices are usually named with the switch number, e.g. flash1: and flash2:

The boot variable will point to flash:image_name as usual, and both switches will load the image accordingly from their own flash.

Best regards,

Andras

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card