Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 Switch models....

Richard Tapley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wonder if I can get some advice on switch options.

I am looking for a Cisco 2960 8 port with 2 dual purpose uplinks ( SFP and copper 1GB ).

I have seen in some places the 2960C-8TC-L has the 2 uplinks and then in another it doesn't. All Cisco pages.

I then found the WS-C2960CX-8TC-L which says it does.

Is the 2960CX the replacement model or a different model?

Am I being stupid or is there a place where I can get difinitive info on the 2960C-8TC-L so that I know the specific part number of the one with 1 uplink and the one with 2 so I can order the right one and not get strung up by work!!?

Thanks for any assistance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Richard,

Have a look at this comparison sheet (at the bottom of the page) for the 2 different 2960 switches.

The difference is POE vs none-POE.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/catalyst-3560-cx-series-switches/models-comparison.html

HTH

View solution in original post

Hi Richard,

WS-C2960C-8TC-L definitely has two uplinks as in 2 X copper or 2X SFP,I've got few of these around.it is old WS-C2960-8TC-L (note there's no C after 2960)part number which used to come with 1 uplink port which is end of sale already

now I don't have any CX part numbered devices to check,it seems 2960CX is the replacement for 2960C and there is  bit of a mention here under upgrade and ordering information, however I can't find anything directly related to the 2960C-8TC-L part number 

"The 3560-CX and 2960-CX Series include an equivalent or better replacement for each Cisco Catalyst 3560-C and 2960-C Gigabit Ethernet model."

Here is the link for just 2960C series and previous link has the part number for the CX ones

Cheers,

Prabath

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Richard,

Have a look at this comparison sheet (at the bottom of the page) for the 2 different 2960 switches.

The difference is POE vs none-POE.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/catalyst-3560-cx-series-switches/models-comparison.html

HTH

Hi Richard,

WS-C2960C-8TC-L definitely has two uplinks as in 2 X copper or 2X SFP,I've got few of these around.it is old WS-C2960-8TC-L (note there's no C after 2960)part number which used to come with 1 uplink port which is end of sale already

now I don't have any CX part numbered devices to check,it seems 2960CX is the replacement for 2960C and there is  bit of a mention here under upgrade and ordering information, however I can't find anything directly related to the 2960C-8TC-L part number 

"The 3560-CX and 2960-CX Series include an equivalent or better replacement for each Cisco Catalyst 3560-C and 2960-C Gigabit Ethernet model."

Here is the link for just 2960C series and previous link has the part number for the CX ones

Cheers,

Prabath

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

Richard Tapley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Prabath and Reza,

Thank you for coming back so quickly.

That is exactly the answers I was looking for and can only assume in my searches  I missed the placement of the C.

Huge thank you I can now order the correct kit.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card