cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960-X show power command

djmarkey
Level 1
Level 1

I have several stacks of 2960-X switches running various versions of IOS 15.2 code.  I've been asked by our Telecom group to see if I can find out the power draw of the stacks in each data closet.  I can pull some info via the "show power" command:

System Power Total (AC) 1031 Watts
System Power Used (AC) 233 Watts

I've tried to find a definition of this command in the docs with no luck.  Is any familiar with this command and can answer these questions.

1.  Is the "System Power Used" for the stack master switch or the stack as a whole.

2.  I'd like to be able to pull this information via SNMP if possible.  Would anyone know which MIB would give me this info.

Thanks....

2 Replies 2

1.  Is the "System Power Used" for the stack master switch or the stack as a whole.

It is for the master switch. If you want to see the power usage on all switches in the stack, run "sh power inline".

2.  I'd like to be able to pull this information via SNMP if possible.  Would anyone know which MIB would give me this info.

This might help you:-  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2960-series-switches/200371-Mismatching-consumed-power-inline-valu.html

HTH,

Meheretab

HTH,
Meheretab

This oid give status of Power Supply .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.5.1.3

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card