cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Switches stuck in "Initializing Flash" loop.

michaelwarner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of 3560 switches running c3560-advipservicesk9-mz.122-44 and they are randomly experiencing the following:

- The switch locks up with no preceding error message in the log (I am forwarding syslog to Splunk).

- Upon reboot, the switch goes through the normal startup sequence with no error messages, then for some reason reloads the flash and starts all over again. (refer to doc)

This could happen after days or weeks.  Sometimes they will go through two of these reloads on boot and be fine for awhile, and other times they will be stuck in the loop infinitely.  I am using this same image with all of our 3560s, but am only having this issue with two of them.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

I have gone through the capture and didnt see any other error message apart from the continous Initializing flash and often you are seeing the switch locks up.

Suspecting the some hardware issue with swith only and replacement of the switch fixes this problem many times. If you have any spare switch, please replace one of the switch and check the performance.

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

I have gone through the capture and didnt see any other error message apart from the continous Initializing flash and often you are seeing the switch locks up.

Suspecting the some hardware issue with swith only and replacement of the switch fixes this problem many times. If you have any spare switch, please replace one of the switch and check the performance.

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

Hello Aru,

Thanks for the reply!  The switch did not come up at all when I tried to power it up this morning   No lights or anything, and no output at all to the console port.  I think you are correct and this is a hardware issue.  Thanks again.

Mike

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card