Views
Helpful
Replies

3650 Software update - time

Benjamin Waldon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a WS-C3650-24PD that I need to upgrade from 03.03.04SE to a newer version. Not counting the time to transfer from the tftp server, how long should that take?

I am planning to use the software install file command listed here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3650/software/release/3se/system_management/configuration_guide/b_sm_3se_3650_cg/b_sm_3se_3650_cg_chapter_010101.html

I'm just trying to figure out how long of a window I should plan for. I'm thinking 30 minutes would be fine, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks,
Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jdesanti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The upgrade should not take longer than 20-25 minutes, however I would recommend to schedule a 1hr. maintenance window just in case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jdesanti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The upgrade should not take longer than 20-25 minutes, however I would recommend to schedule a 1hr. maintenance window just in case.

Thank you so much, do you know what the rollback timer is? Seems to be some kind of mechanism for automatically going to a safe configuration.

I really don't have any need to use this feature. But, I need to figure out if there is something else that I need to do to ensure that it doesn't just go back after I upgrade.

Does the reload clear the rollback? ie once the reload is complete, it doesn't rollback.

Well, I would not consider the rollback feature as a mechanism for automatically go back to a previous version because you still need to use the "software rollback" command, hence there is no timer. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco