cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 fiber connection

michael.hepler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to configure a 3750 48 port switch and having trouble with getting it to see the sfp. I just want to set up the router with a pretty basic set up since I am using it for a ping test between 2 buildings, via fiber. Could anyone please let me know how I can enable the sfp port? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

3 Replies 3

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

Michael Hepler wrote:

Hello, I am trying to configure a 3750 48 port switch and having trouble with getting it to see the sfp. I just want to set up the router with a pretty basic set up since I am using it for a ping test between 2 buildings, via fiber. Could anyone please let me know how I can enable the sfp port? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

What modules do you have in the switches, and what SFP's are you using?

Can you post the output of the "show inventory' command? Also the output of "show int tranceiver properties" and "show version" from your switch(s)?

Cheers.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your SFP is Single Mode, you need to use SM fiber.  If your SFP is MM then you need to use MM fiber

HTH

michael.hepler
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the ideas guys, it turns out my SFP was faulty. I ended up locating another one and everything seems to be working. Thanks again!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card