Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

If I have PIM enabled on 3 SVIs on a L3 switch, they will forward multicast traffic across each other in either direction, correct? If I want to limit the amount of chatter moving across these VLANs would I use multicast boundary with an ACL on each ...

samuel233 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.I've got working PAT, but absolutely not sure how to perform additional task.ip cef    no ip bootp serverno ipv6 cefinterface FastEthernet8 ip address 192.168.1.141 255.255.255.0 duplex auto speed auto !        !         interface GigabitEthern...

evil_root by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking to see how much traffic is being sent from a given vlan to a specific server.  Tools like solarwind are not able to provide graphs for something as specific as this.  Has anyone done this?

I have configured ssh on a 2960 to use public key authentication. Now that I can securely log into ssh without a password Is it possible to disable password authentication so that it is impossible to login without the key?

paulonley by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a typical LAn environment that spans across a large warehouse. I have done alot of redesinging of the environment to satisfy the need for a disaster recover plan. I now have created a LAN with multiple vlans and must also connect all the acces...

bsoth by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 NX4001. Each one has an uplink to a 5K. There is no VPC between the 4K and the 5K. The 5K are  VPC enabled.There is a large number on input discards on the 4001 interfaces connected to the 5K and is incrementing.I have a server with smartfai...

I have a Nexus 7000 plus 6 boxes NX2000 on backbone.I have configured on 7000 :conf t system jumbomtu 9000 exitERROR: Ethernet111/1/1: requested config change not allowed ... ERROR: Ethernet122/1/48: requested config change not allowed 1/111/14 is ...

I am a novice with networking; so, if I write something noobish, please forgive and explain. I am using a Cisco 2821 router.My provider changed my IP address today from:218.x.x.x /24  with a gateway of 218.x.x.1 /24to219.x.x.x /25  with a gateway of ...

Dear community,after 4 days incl. nightshift and went deep into the heart of the matter this support community seems to be my last resort to findsome relief from - meanwhile - desperation.Scenario:------------------For one of my clients, a landlord, ...

Hi Can anyone advise me if in a stack of 3750's, if the master was to fail and another switch in the stack had to take over as Master. Is the transition "totally" seemless with no break in service at all (other than anything connected to the failed s...

nmjones by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card