Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Rolling stack upgrade

cbluhme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a stack of 3750X switches with redundant uplinks and redundant servers connected. Servers are not running LACP; their adaptor redundancy is handled by HP Network Configuration Utility. This bundling technique works if the server is connected to a stack or to two separate physical switches.

I understand that the Rolling Stack upgrade (RSU) works by segmenting the stack being upgraded into two separate stacks during upgrade.

The documentation regarding RSU states: "A dual-attached host,such as a server or access-point, is connected to two members through a link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) cross stack ether channel.".

Is it correct understood that any other host adaptor bundling technology besides LACP will work as fine as long as it can handle being connected to two separate physical switches or separate stacks ?

Will rolling stack upgrade work only on 3750X/3560X og will it also work if the stack contains 3750G switches ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

This is new future in the IOS release 12.2(58) and it is only for the E and X series.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10745/product_bulletin_c25-658743_ps6406_Products_Bulletin.html

Since this is so new, I would tested it in the lab (if possible) before doing it in production, as you never now what can go wrong or use the traditional way by having on outage window, loading a different version of IOS and reboot the stack.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card