cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750x Stack is repeatedly showing error " %ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ : Adj resolve request: Failed to resolve <IP Address> <vlan ID>..

pperry
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I have a 3750x stack running  15.0(2)SE6.

Today I started seeing some weird problems in the logs

" %ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ : Adj resolve request: Failed to resolve <IP Address> <vlan ID>..

To my knowledge no changes have been made except updating the NTP and Timezone settings of the switch.

The problems is that before I rebooted a vmWare - Host all communication with said host worked like a champ. After reboot of said host, the only communications that work are from the host outward. Anyone have any ideas?  I would love to reboot, but as this is production hours that is not an option.

25 Replies 25

This works for me too.

Aug 2016, just updated a 2960XR stack to 15.2(2)E5 and issue is still present; this solved it like everyone else.

GREAT !!! 

IT WORKED FOR ME

amr.momtaz
Level 1
Level 1

it seems to be a bug that as per the cisco is resolved on the latest IOS version 15.2.xx.

However I have a question, do you have dhcp snooping configured??

tachyon05
Level 1
Level 1

How did you resolve this issue?

n.bedbury
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also using the 3750x in a stack config wtih 15.0(2)SE6.  My switches didn't seem to respond to the command "no ip cef"

Instead, I removed this log message by entering the command:  "no ip route-cache cef"

Following instructions at this link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/ios-software-releases-120-mainline/47205-cef-whichpath.html

Stefan Amstutz
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem on a 3750X with same software version - 15.0(2)SE6

no ip cef optimize neighbor resolution

the command fixed the problem for me as well.

Thanks!

Rakhshanda Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is a known bug on this IOS:

CSCuo89272: %ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ displayed continuously after upgrade to 15.0(2)SE6

Resolution summary:-

We were able to recognize software problem with 15.0(2)SE6 software. The bug is already raised with  our developers and bug ID is CSCuo89272 "%ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ displayed continuously after upgrade to 15.0(2)SE6". The fix is not yet available, however there is workaround which can be applied.

Workaround:

execute "no ip cef optimize neighbor resolution"

external link: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo89272/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards,

Rakhshanda Khan

It's not exactly comforting that more than two years has gone by without a fix.

thanks had this problem today on 3750X when going to 15.0.(2)SE8 mentioned command stopped the logging flow,

Is this feature not fully supported on this code or what is behind this issue?

regards

Michal

cm467
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed c3560cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E5.bin on the WS-C3560CX-12TC-S and I am getting this bug too.  The workaround to execute "no ip cef optimize neighbor resolution" worked.  Today is 17MAR2022.   

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card