Views
Helpful
Replies

3850, 3650 and 4506E - smart licensing

euucsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I need to upgrade the following devices from the following to the future version.

3850, 3650 (with converged access i.e CA)
Running version: Version 03.06.06E
Upgrade to: Version 16.3.X (this is the latest release that supports CA), so I can’t upgrade to the most latest.

4506E VSS

Running version: 3.6.6E
Upgrade to: 3.8.8E [requires Rommon upgrade to at least 15.0(1r)SG10 prior the upgrade]

Along with the above, i have tasked with applying a DNA-A licensing, which i believe is enabled through smart licencing on the "go to version i.e. once version is upgraded".

However, per Cisco documentation, i believe Smart Licensing (SL) is possible from 16.9.1 and onward. Does this mean that i can't enable SL on the above devices and version?

FYI, we have already got the relevant licences for the above shown devices in the CSSM portal.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Smart Licensing is supported from 16.9.X and later. If the appliances are running earlier firmware versions, Smart Licensing is not supported and no harm will happen without Smart Licensing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Smart Licensing is supported from 16.9.X and later. If the appliances are running earlier firmware versions, Smart Licensing is not supported and no harm will happen without Smart Licensing.

Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card