cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure SNMP V3 on Nexus 7000

svadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have a 7K with OS n7000-s2-dk9.6.2.16.bin  and I am trying to configure SNMP v3 on the switch.  Unfortunately I am not able to find any set of configuration online.  does any one have a link to it.  

I was able to create it on the 5K switches, but 7K even though being Nexus, they are different.

Any help will be appreciated

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SNMPv3 for a specific VRF instance. SNMP v3 is recommended because of the additional authentication and encryption capabilities. SNMPv3 requires an SNMP user that is configured with the SNMP recipients Engine-ID.

N7K(config)# snmp-server host x.x.x.x version 3 priv snmp-user
N7K(config)# snmp-server host x.x.x.x use-vrf management

hope this helps, if not what is the difficulties please explain to understand the problem.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for the quick response.  my issue is not with the host, it is with creating the group or "snmp-server view...."  I guess I don't need to create group or view in 7k is that correct ?

So here are the configuration that I am applying to each vdc on the switch, are they correct ? 

Snmp-server user SNMPV3_USER auth sha Cisco1234 priv aes-128 Cisco123

Snmp-server globalEnforcePriv

Snmp-server host xx.xx.xx.xx inform version 3 priv SNMPV3_USER

Snmp-server host xx.xx.xx.xx inform version 3 priv SNMPV3_USER

Snmp-server enable trap

There is no group option under SNMP on Nexus. Use “role” set of commands because they can be used as groups in SNMP.

More about configurion SNMPv3 on Nexus: https://bestmonitoringtools.com/configure-snmpv3-on-cisco-router-switch-asa-nexus-a-step-by-step-guide/

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card