cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 doesn't boot automatically, even after boot system switch all flash:packages.conf in the configuration.

Tuan Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

3850 doesn't boot automatically, even after boot system switch all flash:packages.conf in the configuration.

After upgrading to the latest code.

The system is not configured to boot automatically.  The

following command will finish loading the operating system

software:

boot

switch: boot

Even with boot system switch all flash:packages.conf in the configuration and save

!
boot-start-marker
boot system switch all flash:packages.conf
boot-end-marker

All input are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

tprivett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason that your switch is not booting automatically, even though you have the boot statement configured, is most likely your config-register.

Check the output of the 'show version' command, and at the very bottom you should see something like this:

Configuration register is 0x102

If your value is something other than 0x102 change it, from configuration mode, using the command 'config-register 0x102'

My config register is configured as 0x102 and I am still experiencing the same issue as the original post.  Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Joe

Hello.

When in bootloader ( switch:  ) you have to set MANUAL_BOOT=no

after that the switch boots automatically from the bootvar which is entered.

I am having the same issue, but only after a diagnostics test.  It boots correctly after a power failure, but not after i use the command line.  If i use the command line: switch#reload; it says the switch is not enabled for automatic booting.  However I checked the settings, which are:

config reg 0x102

boot variable=flash:packages.conf

manual boot=no

enable break=no

boot mode=device

ipxe timeout=0

Please advise.  Is this switch a failure and needed to be returned?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco