Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 POE+ Camera not power on

Hi

In our Project there Bosch camera in one switch 3850 POE+  the Out door Camera are not taking Power

But when it is connected to POE++ it is taking Power.

I had Check the data sheets of Camera 30 watts.

Please advice.

9 Replies 9

Hi 

Do you have more devices requesting PoE on the switch, the switches have limit of Watts to provision.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks Julio Moisa,

They are Four Switches out which one Switch Camera are not working tomorrow I am going to site which today coordinate via phone.

please advice what need to be check for trouble shooting

Hi,

There are different models of Cisco 3850 switches, some of them support UPoE, if Im not wrong it could provide until 49 watts per port. Now You must identify the watts required by the Cam to turn on. Also you can use: show power inline, to verify the watts supported by port. 

Please keep us posted.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

when I visted the site the out door PTZ camera need the external power supply when they connected the power supply the switch port become  up  

@syed baseeruddin wrote:

when I visted the site the out door PTZ camera need the external power supply when they connected the power supply the switch port become  up  

Hold on, this doesn't make any sense.  

Does the camera support PoE or not?  

well apparently it didnt. LOL

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the complete output to the command "sh power inline <PORT>" and "sh interface <PORT>".

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How long is the cable between Cam and switch?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

syrehan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Syed,

As per the Cisco 3850 datasheet, the standard POE (802.af) supplies 15.4 watts per port on the switch and for the POE+ (802.at) provides 30 watts per port.

Refer to the datasheet and check table 6:

Cisco 3850 datasheet

Since you have mentioned that it is taking power on POE+ port this suggests that the standard POE port didn't supply enough power for the camera to work.

You can figure out the power consumption using "sh power inline <PORT>" and "sh interface <PORT>"as suggested by Leo as well.Remember the switches have limited power that can be supplied to the devices requiring POE.

Hope it helps.

Don't forget to rate.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card