cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500X IPv6 Multicasting

ross_rulz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we have two sites each have two 4500X in a VSS. These sites are connected via layer 2 trunks. We currently only run IPv4 over these two sites.Now we have a need to configure a VLAN to support IPv6 multicasting which needs to have MLD enabled and ipv6 mld snooping querier. There is no need to provide IPv6 routing for the multicast traffic, it just needs to be able to be carried across the two sites within this VLAN for discovery. Can someone see below the commands I intend to use to get this to work:

Switch(config)#ipv6 unicast-routing (Do I need this if we don't need to route IPv6 traffic)

Switch(config)#ipv6 multicast-routing (Do I need this if we don't need to route the multicast traffic as it's only needed within one VLAN)

Switch(config)#ipv6 mld snooping
Switch(config)#ipv6 mld snooping vlan 25

Switch(config)#interface vlan 25

Switch(config-if)ipv6 address (Do I need to configure an IPv6 address at each site for this vlan interface?)

Switch(config-if)#ipv6 mld snooping querier (Now this command I cannot get working as it's not available)

What is the command to enable IPv6 MLD querier on a 4500X switch? If someone can have a look and point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Ross.

1 Reply 1

sajid_m123
Level 1
Level 1

could you implement it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card