Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500X not passing some vlans on some interfaces

Hello, 

Have you ever come across that 4500X is not passing some vlans on some ports ( Tengig)? If you have any experience on this appreciate if you could share with me. 

5 Replies 5

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thilankar,

We need to look further down to isolate the issue:-

1- Is this new setup

2- has this ever worked?

3- What is the config on the Tengig?

4- What is connected at other end?

5- Hsa the interface coming up? 

Regards

Inayath

1- Is this new setup

Yes, this is a new setup. It's had been running without no issues with 4506 which I have replaced with 4500X. 

2- has this ever worked?

It worked. All of sudden link stops passing traffic. Physical link shows up up. 

3- What is the config on the Tengig?

its just a basic trunk port.

4- What is connected at other end?

3750G switches with NM-10G modules.

5- Hsa the interface coming up? 

yes, interface is up up. Strange this is, vlan 1 passing traffic, but not other vlans. 

Tried resetting interface and reloading other end. Didn't work.

Replaced 10G to 1G both ends. didn't work. ( 1G had been working with 4506)

Replaced remote switch with a 2960 switch with 1G. Didn't' work

delete the vland.dat files on the 3750 (client) and reload. Got the vlans from the 4500x (server). but not passing traffic. 

created different SVI on the 3750 and tried to ping from the 4500X, didn't worked. 

Reload the 4500X - Everything started to work. 

The only thing I haven't tried use a different port on the 4500X. Modules and 4500X are brand new. 

any ideas?

Thanks. 

Reload of the f4500 resolve this cant do much now.

It was a  Cisco bug on the 4500X code. 

Hello

I had 4500x vss do exactly the same - But instead of reloading the stack, I shutdown/re-enabled SVI's and it started again -

Found out it was an bug

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card