Views
Helpful
Replies

4500x VSS members uptime

m.chartier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I can't find a way to know each members and reload reason on a VSS pair of 4500x. I suspect that the standby peer has rebooted but sh ver only show me the uptime and reload reason for the active peer...

I can find a way to show the vss link uptime, but I'm looking for info about the standby member. 

Any idea?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lpassmore
Level 1
Level 1

Have you looked at the 'show redundancy' command?  That, perhaps in conjunction with show log, should give you the information that you are after

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lpassmore
Level 1
Level 1

Have you looked at the 'show redundancy' command?  That, perhaps in conjunction with show log, should give you the information that you are after

Sh log only show me the ports going down for the standby peer, the lost of connectivity for the VSL etc...and when it come back and sync. 

You are right, I see the uptime with show redundancy....is there a way to get the standby peer logs to see the reason of the crash? i.e. reload reason?

Not actually sure on a 4500X.  On the 6500 switches the logs are stored on each system's disk and you can use the show logging system disk slavebootdisk:sea_log.dat command to look.  It might be the same.  I don't have one to test on, sorry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card