cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500X with GLC-T

samir khoury
Level 1
Level 1

I just got few 4500X with GLC-t port, I have been trying to download to the switch a new IOS image. I configured the vlan x and configured the int vlan x. and place the switch port te1/1 in it.

the port would not come up. it keeps saying it noconnected. down,down.

is there a specific way to configure these ports.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maybe the host at the other end of the cable is a 100M one?

That's a 1000T only interface not a 100/1000

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

herferna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Samir,

there is no specific configuration for these ports, though what is the status of the front Panel LED that you see, when you first plug it into a port with the Fibre? if the status LED does not come up as Green..then most probable reason is your GLC-t is faulty you will need replacing it.

hope this Information helps

Regards

Herman

there is no light on the port, and when I do sh int te1/1 it says it is noconnected. I am using copper not fiber, this is a GLC-T SFP.

Maybe the host at the other end of the cable is a 100M one?

That's a 1000T only interface not a 100/1000

Massimo,

I believe you are correct, and I verified that.

when I plug 2 port on different 4500x the port come up. when I plug a port from a 4500x to access layer switch with 1GB SFP or a standard Copper port it works also. but when I plug it into a 10/100 Fast Ethernet then it fails.

Hello Samir,

yes a slight typo there , GLC-T would be copper , my question is have you tried inserting the SFP into another port with the cable and see the status , if no then its a Faulty SFP that you are having.

Regards

I verified the cable is working and the wall port is working, I changed the SFP multiple times but nothing. I also verfied the SFP is working by pluggin it in the 2960X.

below see my config from a working 2960X switch and the 4500X Switch

working 2960X Switch

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
 switchport access vlan 464
 switchport mode access

interface Vlan1
 ip address dhcp
 shutdown
!
interface Vlan464
 ip address XX.XX.64.20 255.255.255.0
!
ip default-gateway XX.XX.64.1

--------------------------

Not working 4500X switch.

vlan 464

interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1
 switchport access vlan 464
 switchport mode access

interface Vlan1
 no ip address
 shutdown
!
interface Vlan464
 ip address XX.XX.64.20 255.255.255.0
!
ip default-gateway XX.XX.64.1

check the following Compatibility Matrix .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html

and lt it me know if it matches your present switch .

the switches came with this IOS
boot system flash bootflash:cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.03.02.SG.151-1.SG2.bin

then I thought maybe it is an IOS image so I used this one from another working swtiche and copied it over using USB0

boot system flash bootflash:cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.05.01.E.152-1.E1.bin

still this didn't work.

here is the SFP model number

GLC-T 30-1410-04 B2 V04

I looked at the link you sent, but not sure how to match the 4500x with this particular SFP

Also to a note to this issue, I configured the mgmt int f1 with an ip, I am able to ping the switch from my desktop but can't ping from the switch to my desktop.

Regards

Hi,

I missed out on the One way Ping...as mentioned below try changing the speed on the Interface...as mentioned .

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card