Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 Series Supervisor Modules

dalexanj1
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have 2 Catalyst 6500/Cisco 7600 Supervisor 720 Fabric MSFC3 PFC3B Modules, one main and one redundant one.  I am noticing some errors when I bring it up in the console as I try and make the second on a hot spare.  It currently says cold, rpr status cause of software mis-match.  I want to make it a hot spare.

Here are the facts:

* Main module working fine, all lights up and green

* Second module, status and system are green, active is amber and the power management light is not on at all.

* In the console it reads: same ios software, same count, hw on the main says 5.14 and the other says 5.12.  All my research suggests that the hw versions are not indicative of an issue.

Can anyone tell me why if I am reading that the ios versions are the same, it is showing that there is a software mismatch that is preventing me from making the spare as a hot spare?

Thank you,

Jennifer

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the error message you are seeing.  

The only one that I see is:

Reason: Software mismat

when I use the command sh redundancy.

Hi

Is the same IOS included on both flash?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

yes it looks like they are exactly the same.  Maybe a corrupt image? 

It could be a bug, you could open a ticket with the Cisco TAC.

Could you please share the error message?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

The only one that I see is:

Reason: Software mismat

when I use the command sh redundancy.

Ok, here's the thing:  The people who responds to posts, like me, are volunteers.  We are not paid by Cisco and we come here during our free time. 

Personally, I'd hate wasting someone's time by playing "20 questions".  I'd like to get to the bottom of the issue, fix it, and everyone goes on in their merry ways.  

I know, from experience, that the command "sh redundancy" gives out a long list of output and not just a single line of "Reason: Software mismat".  

So either post the complete output of the command "sh redundancy" or I'll stop providing assistance. 

Also include the complete output to the command "sh module" and "sh logs".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card