Views
Helpful
Replies

7606-s, power issues

Marcel van Dorp
Level 1
Level 1

My fellow engineers,

Having a strange issue here with an 7606-s chassis equipped with two sup720's, and two regular line cards. There is only one power supply, PWR-2700-AC. I recently builded this setup and powered it on last week for the first time. It ran fine for about 20 minutes while suddenly the chassis powered down.

I've checked the back of the chassis and noticed that the power supply had it's 'input ok' and 'power fail' led lit. I toggled the power switch and waited half an hour to power it on again. This time only 1 minute of joy. My first idea was the PSU due to the power fail led so I had it swapped by the supplier for another. Unfortunately, when I powered it on today, it didn't change a thing, still unexpected power downs.

So I've checked the following documentation: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/Hardware/Chassis_Installation/7600_Series_Router_Installation_Guide/trbsht.html#wp1016583

..and followed the suggestion to power the chassis on without any modules in the slots. So I did that and it ran for 8 minutes only. However, the fan tray did respond properly when I removed the small thermal module in the upper right by increasing the fans to full speed.

Following above documentation, it points to the chassis (there is not much left). Now the real question comes, isn't there anything else that could be the cause of this?

Thanks,

Marcel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcel,

I think, you have done everything you can to eliminate the problem, and the only thing that is left is the chassis. If you have a service contract, open a ticket with TAC and RMA the chassis.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcel,

I think, you have done everything you can to eliminate the problem, and the only thing that is left is the chassis. If you have a service contract, open a ticket with TAC and RMA the chassis.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco