Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Situation: My Network Intrusion Professor asked what is an obvious event when being attacked on devices.I thought I read that when a CISCO switch (or router) is being saturated and cannot handle the traffic going through it, it will reload.He says it...

what happens when a host’s MAC address is learned on one switch port, and thenthe host moves so that it appears on a different switch port?I read and what I know, the old port is deleted then it will be learend on the new port.but on switching book, ...

Hi,I have a 2960 switch to which printer is connectedport configuration is -#show run innt fa0/2interface fastethernet 0/2 !switchport access vlan 20Problem is, after some time, that port goes down and i have to restart the switch.But, when i connect...

Had a question regarding OSPF fast hello. Lets say i configure fast hello on an interface using the command:ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 5This means my dead interval is 1 second (this value never changes)This also means 5 hellos are...

In the past, I've had two routers, with 2 GRE tunnel interfaces each. When one tunnel would go down, EIGRP would instantly converge, and begin passing traffic through the secondary tunnel. I've since moved the secondary tunnel to a second router at e...

HelloI have a doub, I change only a chasis in a router 3845, but the "show version" command should be the same , except for the serial number and other parameter of time..  however, the number of serial interface change from 4 up to 2.. you know what...

rc5295509 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, I was recently told to exclude an ip address from dhcp, so i wanted to go ahead and bind the address to the mac. i did the following :ip dhcp pool NAME > host 172.17.110.87/ (then accidently hit enter)upon doing this, the switch seems to ha...

Hello,First time posting here, pardon me if this is the incorrect forum or if this subject has been talked to death in other threads.My current production network is setup using VTP in Client mode, and I am looking to enable VTP Transparent so I can ...

levitated by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Friends,I have cisco 2950 catalyst switch, verson IOS (tm) C2950 Software (C2950-I6Q4L2-M), Version 12.1(20)EA1a, RELEASE SOFTWARE(fc1)So. for one of my port (FE 0/3) i need to put the bandwith limit 512 kbps,plz help me, how to configure the abov...