cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9200 upgrade fail because ssh got disconnected

nashhkazank
Level 1
Level 1

Today I was upgrading remotely a 9300 IOS XE but suddenly while I was waiting after the command:

install add file flags:file active commit

There it was a disconnection for 1 minute with the ssh session and the Switch didn’t display the wizard again.

I know after that command always ask for a reload.

I have tried to use the “install” command to get a new installation but doesn’t work. Everytime I tried to use the install command display this error:

File cannot start new install. Operation is already running.

On flash: there are the pkg files of the new IOS, but it seems the switch always see the installation process running.

¿Is there a way to break the process? Or a trick to display the wizard?

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This type of operation should not be done remotely. It is best to have a maintenance window, connect to the switch via the console, perform the upgrade, and reload the switch.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following command: 

more flash:packages.conf | begin rp_boot

linoytu
Level 1
Level 1

I was upgrading the IOS XE but suddenly I got disconnected from the ssh session, I just had sent the command “install asd active file flash: … commit”

It close the wizard to ask me for the reload and now when I try to use the “install” command always tell me that there is a process running.

I don’t want to reload because when we try to make all the steps again we rewrite the package.conf so I think now it is in blank.

- You can not terminate or kill the install process as such ; try other ssh session for reload or else force reload with power cycle (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card