Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9200L Software Trains

Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade a few 9200L switches that are currently running Amsterdam 17.3.4b. For the Amsterdam train there is a new version 17.3.5; however there's another train called Bengaluru with a new suggested release of 17.16.3 that is newer than the Amsterdam release.

If I wanted to deploy the latest software release which in this case is the Bengaluru train is there anything that would prevent me from doing that? i.e. compatibility issues, not recommended, etc.

Is there any requirement or recommended reason for staying within the same train?

I've checked the release notes and can't see an upgrade path that would indicate this is a supported approach. Any help would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- According to https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/9800-image-bengaluru-amsterdam-gibraltar-cupertino/m-p/4589829#M240692  , it's just a change of names as versions go up.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- According to https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/9800-image-bengaluru-amsterdam-gibraltar-cupertino/m-p/4589829#M240692  , it's just a change of names as versions go up.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@JasonGriffiths77699 wrote:
If I wanted to deploy the latest software release which in this case is the Bengaluru train is there anything that would prevent me from doing that?

17.3.6, 17.6.5 and 17.9.1 is about to come out. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card