cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9300L reporting issue with Non installed Power supply

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all. We have several switches reporting the following error from Solarwinds

" Power Supply B on XXXXXXX is Critical" 

Where there is NO B installed? The SW version is 17.3.6

9 Replies 9

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @lowfell ,

please use the following command to disable power supply B:

device#power supply 1 slot B off

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upgrade the firmware.  This is a known feature.

Thanks Liviu & Leo.  We've tried to run the command
device#power supply 1 slot B off

Is there a command to show whether this is command isconfigured?  I don't think that it is included on our config by default but having run the command on another switch (to see whether it brings the switch down lol) the same output is shown as prior to configuring the command. ( Also did a sh run all to see if there were other commands that may be hidden from the standard running config

Is there any way of checking that the command is configured before applying it again? 

just to confirm is the command isn't service affecting?

Leo, you mention upgrading the firmware. To which version please? The SW version is 17.3.6
Thanks again.

For the command, you can issue the show runn | include power which will dispaly all config commands that have the keyword  "power".

For the upgrade, I would go with the 17.9.4a, which is a Cisco suggested release. Update us after the upgrade.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

@lowfell wrote:
Leo, you mention upgrading the firmware. To which version please?

17.3.8a or 17.9.5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as mentioned there are some false alarms due to IOS XE bug, upgrade to 17.9.4a and check.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all  and thanks again. If there is a bug can someone tell me what the bug id is please as I've been unable to find one based on our release 17.03.06 ?

Our customer has looked  at the recommended images on the Cisco website and had already started using the 17.6.5 image as that was also a recommended version.
Do you know what the differences are between the two recommended releases? Is one better than the other? The 17.9.4a might be as it would provide a resolution for the Web UI security issue?

If I was to continue to use the 17.6.5 would the disabling of the ip http server & ip http secure-server commands be suitable until we do our next IOS refreshes?

Thanks in advance.

Do you know what the differences are between the two recommended releases? Is one better than the other? The 17.9.4a might be as it would provide a resolution for the Web UI security issue?

yes that should fix that CVE.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks BB, but what is the bug id for the Power issue?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card