Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA Radius authentication with active directory

asdrewaqf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

im currently facing the weird issue, which is that I've cisco switches 200G and 300 G, and im working on configuring the AAA with radius server "NPS" to authenticate the login from the AD okay,

I've configured the AAA radius configuration on the switch without any issues, the SW and NPS servers are communicating normally with no restrictions at all

Radius configuration is configured well, can communicate with the Domain Controller,

now whenever I try to test let's say I'll enter an invalid username or password it shows that on the NPS logs:- 

asdrewaqf_0-1703712471404.png

when i try to enter the correct username and password it shows nothing on the NPS logs which means that everything is okay, but I still haven't got access to the switch with the result authentication fail tho!!

Has anybody faced such an issue before? 

9 Replies 9

Can you share config of SW

MHM

asdrewaqf
Level 1
Level 1

HYG

asdrewaqf
Level 1
Level 1

asdrewaqf_2-1703765240503.png

asdrewaqf_3-1703765266666.png

change type to login not all 
MHM

Hello MHM Cisco World, I've changed it to Login but still the same issue persists, I've also tried another switch, nothing change tho,

asdrewaqf
Level 1
Level 1

and this is the logs from the NPS whenever I enter the correct username and password 

asdrewaqf_4-1703765553487.png

asdrewaqf
Level 1
Level 1

THANK YOU GUYS, it worked after many days of troubleshooting the issue was on the service-type on the NPS: I was adding it to "Login" However when I tried to change it to administrative it worked normally!!, however, the NPS guide said to set it to login!

Thanks alot for update us

Glad your issue solved 

Happy new year 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card