cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access to webUI

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

How do I configure one of the ports in SG350 switch to allow me to access the webUI?

Because the webUI through one of the ports is the only way I can configure the switch, but as soon as I make any change to the IP interfaces at all, I lose connection, even though the current port shouldn't be affected by the changes.

EDIT: I mean I wish to access the webUI through a static IP through 1 of the ports, and a static IP on the network on my PC as well. It's not allowing me to configure atm. I also have a wireless connection to my PC which I use to search the internet at the same time, so static IPs are probably easier to work with.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TJ-20933766
Spotlight
Spotlight

You should be able to

1. Create additional VLAN interfaces

2. Assign them IP addresses in networks other than 192.168.1.0/24

3. Assign a switch port to be and access port within that new VLAN

4. Plug your computer into that port

5. Assign the PC an address within that new subnet and be able to reach the webUI of the switch

Where were you changing the IP address before?

Are you able to console into the switch? You could post the output of the following command:

show run

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

TJ-20933766
Spotlight
Spotlight

Are you changing the IP address of VLAN 1? If you have no other IP addresses assigned to the switch then I could understand how this would cause an issue. All you would need to do is change the IP address of your PC NIC to an address on the same subnet as the IP address you've assigned to the VLAN 1 interface of the switch. This is assuming of course that you have not changed the VLAN assignment on the switch port that your PC is connected to.

For example: If you change the IP address of VLAN 1 to 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 then you will need to change the IP address of your computer's wired interface to some address within 10.0.0.2-10.0.0.254 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. You then would open a browser and connect to http://10.0.0.1 and login again.

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

Actually I was not changing the VLAN 1 IP, but I just now changed it to static 192.168.1.254, instead of dynamic - and will try to see if it helps. My PC NIC is 192.168.1.253 /24

But I was having troubles earlier being connected to VLAN 1 at 192.168.1.254 at ethernet port 10, and when I just created a new interface for another VLAN with other ports and/or plug in a device, I would lose connection.

Going to mess around with it again.

TJ-20933766
Spotlight
Spotlight

You should be able to

1. Create additional VLAN interfaces

2. Assign them IP addresses in networks other than 192.168.1.0/24

3. Assign a switch port to be and access port within that new VLAN

4. Plug your computer into that port

5. Assign the PC an address within that new subnet and be able to reach the webUI of the switch

Where were you changing the IP address before?

Are you able to console into the switch? You could post the output of the following command:

show run

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

That seemed to solve the problem with the webUI, thank you very much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card