cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add new host to existing Cisco 9132 switches

BillClarkCC
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for basic, straightforward steps to add another host to our existing environment that uses a pair of Cisco 9132 switches that connect our VMware hosts to our NetApp SAN.  I've gotten as far as licensing the additional ports, but nothing from there.  So far everything I come across is for configuring out of the box and/or wiping out existing configurations and starting from scratch, but as this is a production environment, I don't want to do that.  I simply want to add two more connections from this additional host to the switches.  Can anyone assist?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Got this all figured out.  Had to get in touch with a consultant, but have it all documented now for future reference and additions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

explain additional host physical or VM ? if VM you need to add in your esxi

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm adding a new physical host (ESXi v6.5) to an existing cluster.  Each host has two fiber connectors, one going to each of our 9132 switches.  In addition, there are 4 fiber connectors from our NetApp SAN to the 9132 switches.  I have been able to assign a port license to the open ports that I've connected the new host to on each switch, and have verified that the port shows "port-license acquire".  From what I remember with the consultant that originally installed these switches, I will need to create "FC alias", "zone" and "zonesets" for everything to work correctly.  This is where I'm stuck.

Got this all figured out.  Had to get in touch with a consultant, but have it all documented now for future reference and additions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card