cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Additional Ethernet switch port for 2821 router

paul.2.smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 router and need to add another Ethernet port.

However, all the Ethernet modules seem to be End of Sale and the suggested replacements are only compatible with the ISRg2 range.

What are my options?

Thanks              

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The modules for the 2800 series are end of sale because the 2800 series routers are end of sale and have been for two years now. That said, this means "Cisco" does not sell these items anymore. There are plenty of vendors out there who will still have these modules in stock. You may have to look at refurbished items, but I'd wager you could still find one new with enough searching. Start by just googling the part you are looking for and see if you get any hits on someone selling them.

If you really want to buy only what Cisco is currently selling you are going to have to upgrade the router.

Hope this helps,

Greg

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The modules for the 2800 series are end of sale because the 2800 series routers are end of sale and have been for two years now. That said, this means "Cisco" does not sell these items anymore. There are plenty of vendors out there who will still have these modules in stock. You may have to look at refurbished items, but I'd wager you could still find one new with enough searching. Start by just googling the part you are looking for and see if you get any hits on someone selling them.

If you really want to buy only what Cisco is currently selling you are going to have to upgrade the router.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card